A) Objectifs de l’engagement:
1. Continuing to support the establishing of national mechanisms that seek to strengthen implementation of IHL;
2. Striving to enhance cooperation on IHL with relevant stakeholders at the domestic level; and
3. Promoting peer to peer exchanges between IHL focal points at the sub-regional level.
B) Plan d’action
- Continue supporting the co-hosting of the Annual Regional IHL Seminar by the ICRC and the South African Department of International Relations and Cooperation in the period 2020 – 2023;
- Initiate sub-regional working groups within the Annual Regional IHL Seminar for relevant peer-to-peer discussions, which can be continued through National IHL Committees;
- Support the rotational chairship system for the Annual Regional IHL Seminar commencing in 2021;
- Work towards the establishment of various national mechanisms on the implementation of IHL, including drafting of annual national IHL work plans; and
- Broaden engagement on IHL at the national level, notably with National Parliaments.
C) Indicateurs permettant de mesurer les avancées:
Member States are expected to voluntarily present their country report about the progress they have made at the national level during the Regional Seminar Meeting.
D) Ressources nécessaires:
The International Committee of the Red Cross, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, and the Standing Commission of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, in its function as Trustee of the International Conference of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (the Conference), cannot be held responsible or liable in any manner for any user-generated content or posts on this Database. In the event that the Website team considers any post or content to be incompatible with the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and/or with the objectives of the Conference, it reserves the right to remove such content.