As signatories of the ‘Youth Engagement for a Better World’ pledge we acknowledge and champion meaningful and sustained youth engagement as strategic to strengthening community resilience, thus contributing to achieving the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Agenda goals. Well educated, empowered, and enabled children, adolescents, and young adults capable of assessing needs and addressing challenges of communities they live in, are central to creating a better world.
In 2015-2019, recognising the role of children, adolescents and young adults in driving implementation of the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Agenda and in strengthening community resilience, the Signatories of the Pledge commit to:
1. Build partnerships and advocate for tailor-made measures that:
- Promote the added value of youth contributions in society.
- Foster a culture of inter-generational partnership in society, and
- Enable youth access to youth-friendly information and services and where relevant, facilitate their transition from and across the positions of recipients of service, contributors, and leaders of the communities in which they live.
2. Participate in relevant platforms and partnerships to advance youth engagement locally and across the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Agenda priority areas.
3. Create evidence-based and local needs-driven initiatives and youth-friendly spaces for especially under-represented, marginalised, and socially-disadvantaged youth to acquire relevant life skills  while utilising peer-to-peer and inter-generational approaches.
4. Invest in knowledge and develop expertise in youth engagement to improve effectively the situation of children, adolescents and young adults at local, regional, national, and international levels, while at the same time, respecting the principles of genuine participation and equal partnership with youth.
5. Set a list of our own institutional key indicators to measure implementation of the Pledge towards the 33rd International Conference of the Red Cross and Red Crescent.
 Set of behaviours reflecting the ability of an individual to manage personal affairs, address daily challenges and situations responsibly and appropriately. They may vary depending on social norms and expectations.
Pledge by International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Country: Antigua and Barbuda, Austria, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Ghana, International, Ireland, Jamaica, Kyrgystan, Latvia, Madagascar, Mauritius, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saint Lucia, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tajikistan, United Kingdom
Pledge type: Open
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view this page.