A) Objectives of the pledge:
The Czech Republic, in cooperation with the Czech Red Cross, will continue to disseminate international humanitarian law in the public administration, armed forces and security structures of the Czech Republic, entities forming part of the Integrated Rescue System, and at schools and universities.
B) Action plan:
The Czech Republic will:
- continue to regularly organize courses on „Basics of IHL“ for the armed forces and civilians,
- prepare IHL casebook (examples of real-life situations with legal reasoning) for the army staff,
- create/develop a website to promote knowledge of IHL,
- continue to regularly organize panel discussions on IHL topics for the army forces, government officials, students and the public
- organize IHL training programm for teachers,
- prepare the Czech translation of the executive summary of the UNESCO Military Manual on the Protection of Cultural Property.
C) Indicators for measuring progress:
D) Resource implications: